Skip to main content

The Distance Between Us

My grandma used to say,

"Tell the truth and shame the devil."

So here's mine.

God has me standing firmly in my truth.

I'm no longer pretending that empty things satisfy me.

The raw truth is...

I'm not convinced I'm where I'm supposed to be.

Because my heart doesn't crave companionship.

It craves relationship.

There's a difference.

Companionship fills space.

Relationship fills souls.

Yet we've built a culture that's comfortable with access but terrified of intimacy.

We talk to bodies,
scroll through lives,
share spaces,
exchange words...

...without ever truly knowing one another.

That's why proximity means so little now.

You can sleep in the same bed,
live in the same house,
share the same meal...

and still be complete strangers.

Because distance isn't measured in miles.

It's measured by the absence of connection.

The world has never been louder...

yet hearts have never sounded more silent.

People aren't starving for another conversation.

They're starving to be seen.

To be understood.

To be loved without performance.

And perhaps that's why so many of our community spaces  feel strained and counterproductive.

We've become efficient at meeting demands...

but inconsistent at meeting people.

We've learned how to manage transactions,

yet forgotten how to steward hearts.

I don't believe we were created merely to coexist.

I believe we were created to be deeply known,
fully seen,
and genuinely loved.

So maybe my restlessness isn't discontentment.

Maybe it's discernment.

Maybe God is refusing to let me settle for the illusion of connection when my soul was created for covenant, communion, and truth.

Because I'd rather sit alone in God's presence...

than feel abandoned in a room full of people.

And perhaps that's the hardest truth of all.

The greatest famine of our generation isn't for success.

It isn't for influence.

It isn't for attention.

It's for authentic relationship.

Until we learn to love beyond convenience,
listen beyond our need to respond,
serve beyond obligation,
and see the image of God in one another...

we'll continue mistaking closeness for connection,
noise for intimacy,
and followers for fellowship.

We'll fill calendars,
collect contacts,
build platforms,
and still lie awake wondering why our souls feel empty.

Because the deepest ache in the human heart has never been to be noticed.

It has always been to be known.

And only when we return to the God who knows us completely...

will we finally learn how to truly know one another.

Lord, help the village to be fully present to reach for one another in LOVE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Version I Couldn’t Edit

Healing is messy. Growth is uncomfortable. And when the two collide without God's direction, they don't simply stretch you— they can unravel you. About a week ago, I came across a Facebook post that knocked the wind out of me. "Real healing never needed an audience." Those six words dismantled me. Not because they condemned me, but because they carried the kind of wisdom that demands silence before it grants complete comprehension. I had to pause. I had to sit still. I had to seek God with my whole heart and ask the difficult question: "Lord... am I allowing You to transform me, or have I unknowingly turned my testimony into a performance?" Stepping away at the height of my discomfort uncovered something far greater than I expected. It exposed the real obstacle. Me. I kept postponing the inevitable because I desperately wanted to edit the version of myself that required vulnerability to be seen. But healing refuses to be airbrushed. When you've spent yea...

Stay Soft. Clap Loud

Sometimes it feels like the world is   out here bleeding on everybody. Some are deep in survival mode. Guarded. Transactional. Keeping score. Moving like connection is a weakness. And isolation is a flex.  I refuse to believe that's God's abundance. Yes, protect your peace. Yes, have boundaries. But don't become so “self-sufficient” that you forget how to lean into community. I'm the woman who's always going to clap  when you win. Cheer when you rise. Smile when you finally take the leap. Celebrate when you shatter every statistic that said you couldn't. Your promotion isn't my loss. Your healing doesn't delay mine. Your breakthrough doesn't cancel  my blessing. Scarcity is a mindset. Abundance is a lifestyle. So while the world keeps competing,  comparing,  and quietly  calculating people’s losses. I'll be over here making enough noise for everybody's victory. Because confident women don't get intimidated. They get inspired by surroundin...

Pretending It Away

  We always know when something has shifted. When the vibe is off. When the connection has faded. When the chapter has ended. When the season has changed. Yet somehow, we become experts at prolonging the inevitable. We smile. We perform. We keep showing up. We put on the mask and try to pretend the pain away. Because healing asks something most of us were never taught to give. It asks for courage. It asks for honesty. It asks for vulnerability. It asks us to expose what we've spent years trying to hide. Many of us were raised to survive, not to heal. Our ancestors, often out of necessity, taught us loyalty through silent submission. We learned that family business stays in the family. Pain isn't discussed. Wounds aren't acknowledged. You keep moving. And I understand why. Silence was protection. But somewhere along the way, protection became a prison. The more faithfully you honor that code, the deeper you bury the pain. The shame. The disappointment. The rejection. The emb...